No, it doesn’t take a PhD to solve these riddles, it’s just a fun way for us to say how tough it can be. However, it does take a sharp mind and a bit of cleverness to get the right answers.
People love brain teasers because they can be challenging and help them evaluate their own intelligence. Don’t get frustrated if you can’t come up with a logical answer. We assure you that one exists! Just take your time and try to reason through the questions.
Tired or perplexed? Scroll to the bottom of the page and the reasoning/correct answers will be revealed. Good luck!
[playbuzz-item url=”https://www.playbuzz.com/terrystein10/only-people-with-a-phd-can-actually-solve-theses-brain-teasers” comments=”false”]
1. E — Everything, everywhere, eternity, time and space all either begin or end with “e”.
3. A River
4. A map
5. X — The letter X is the 24th letter of the alphabet, XX in Roman numerals is 20, and XXX is used to describe adult movies.
6. 6 pairs of pants — The tailor can make five initially, and once finished he will have an additional five sets of scraps — meaning one additional pair can be made.
7. 1:45 — The man gave away a total of 25 cents. He divided it between two people. Therefore, he gave a quarter to two.
8. Wrong — When it’s pronounced “wrong” that’s the correct pronunciation. However, if you were to pronounce the word as “right” that would be an incorrect pronunciation and be wrong.
9. Supper — Supper is an evening meal and if you remove the “s”, you are left with upper meaning “the top”.
10. They’re not found at the beginning of a name of a US state.